No products in the cart.
Mission of JRZ Canada
Our business, which manufactures goaltending equipment and customized hockey bags on a world level, has for mission :
- To manufacture products of exceptional quality that meet and even exceed customer demands;
- To respect the agreed bill books;
- To sell at the best price in order to satisfy our client and our growth;
- To develop for our customers products that are unique and exclusive on the market.
JRZ CANADA, History and Overview
1991 – 1994
- Summer 1991
Purchase of first sewing machine and set up of first repair shop in home basement.
- January 1993
Official launch of JRZ CANADA as company.
- July 1993
Move to first location about 400 sq/ft as repair and pro shop. First sample of goalie gloves.
- July 1994
Made renovation and jumped to 1000 sq/ft location.
All of the above were all part time/sideline job while working for the Quebec Nordiques as Assistant equipement manager between 1989 and 1995.
I had the great opportunity to be practically raised in the Nordiques dressing room as my Dad was the equipment manager between 1980 to 1995.
After the Nordiques left, I spent a full year expending my business.
- Launch of JRZ CANADA line of trapper / blocker
- Employment of the first employee
1996 to 1998
- Worked as head equipement manager for the Quebec Rafales in IHL while still working part time with a full time employee doing repairs and new products.
- First meeting with Greg Goyer from Itech for potential product construction and development.
- Disappearance of the Rafales and signing up of the first deal between Itech and JRZ for the production of Itech trapper and blocker by JRZ.
- Relocation to a new building of 2 300 sq/ft.
- From 1 to 8 employees.
- Chicago Blackhawks, first major customer in bags.
- Relocation to a 7000 sq/ft facility, reconduction of Itech/JRZ contract, beginning of leg pads production.
- From 8 to 12 employees.
- Move to new location of 11 000 sq/ft, reconduction of Itech/JRZ contract launch of 11.8 serie.
- From 12 to 20 employees.
- Reconduction of now Bauer / JRZ contract, launch in same season of one100 and RX 10 series.
- From 20 to 30 employees.
- Relocation in a 18 000 sq/ft facility.
- Launch of the new innovative MYFLEX system in the Total One serie..
Jean-René Lavigueur, Owner