- Contact US
- >Who are we?
Who are we ?
Base in Québec City and recognized worldwide, JRZ has been designing, manufacturing and distributing sporting goods since 1993. We specialize in goalie gear, team travel bags and team apparel.
All products are manufacturing in our Quebec City facility and shipped out to more than 22 countries.
-Stay ahead of the curve in the latest technologies to offer the best sporting good products as much as for amateurs or pro’s.
-Conceive and manufacture exceptional quality products.
-Exceed the competition and have higher quality standards, low price, up most value in constant innovation.
-Develop unique product for high-end clientele.
CREATIVITY • INNOVATION • PASSION
- Purchase of first sewing machine and set up of first repair shop in the home basement.
- Official launch of JRZ CANADA as company.
- Move to first location about 400 sq/ft as repairs and pro shop. First sample of goalie gloves.
- Made renovation and jumped to 1000 sq/ft location.
- All of the above were all part-time/sideline job while working for the Quebec Nordiques as Assistant equipment manager between 1989 and 1995.
- I had the great opportunity to be practically raised in the Nordiques dressing room as my dad was the equipment manager between 1980 and 1995.
- After the Nordiques left, I spent a full year expending my business.
- Launch of JRZ CANADA. line of trappers / blockers.
- Employment of the first employee.
1996 TO 1998
- Worked as head equipment manager for the Quebec Rafales in IHL.
- While still working part-time with a full-time employee doing repairs and new products.
- First meeting with Greg Goyer of Itech for a potential partnership in development and production.
- Disappearance of the Rafales and signing up of the first deal between Itech and JRZ for the production of Itech trapper and blocker by JRZ.
- Relocation to a new building of 2 300 sq/ft.
- From 1 to 8 employees.
- Chicago Blackhawks, first major customer in bags.
- Relocation to a 7000 sq/ft facility, reconduction of Itech/JRZ contract, beginning of leg pads production.
- From 8 to 12 employees.
- Move to new location of 11 000 sq/ft, reconstruction of Itech/JRZ contract launch of 11.8 serie.
- From 12 to 20 employees.
- Reconstruction of now Bauer/JRZ contract, launch in the same season of one100 and RX 10 series.
- From 20 to 30 employees.
- #1 in bags in the NHL and AHL with 35% of the business out of 5 manufacturers.
- Relocation in a 18 000 sq/ft facility.
- Launch of the new innovative MYFLEX system in the Total One serie.
- Acquisition of Evolutech goalie school and start up of a new goalie gear store.
- Launch of a new web platform and micro webstore for team business.
- Offices and business plans restructure.
- Launch of a new web site and accounting system to ease webplateform ordering process.
- End of the relationship with Bauer.
- Return of the JRZ custom goalie line!